Kelvin Cabin Launches

Kelvin 38' x 9' Cabin Launch with a 30 hp F4 Kelvin-Ricardo Engine, at the Bergius Co. boat shed on the Monkland Branch of the Forth & Clyde Canal at Port Dundas, Glasgow. The barrels in the background belong to the White Horse Distillery, North Canal Bank Street.

The people from left to right are:-
Standing on the Boat:-
Harry Milne General Handyman, expert rope & wire-rope splicer. In younger days he sailed 'before the mast' in sailing ships, going round the horn on a number of occasions.
Walter Geddes General Labourer, during the summer months he was a paid hand on Vailima II, the 80' yacht owned and designed by Mr. Walter Bergius, the founder and designer of all Kelvin Engines up to 1949.
? Unknown Carpenter.
Standing on the Dock Side:-
George Cavil Forman carpenter of the boat shed.
Stephen Bell Manager of the boat shed

Up to 30 Kelvin Launches were kept in stock at any one time at the boat shed up until the 1939 - 1945 war.